The Advocacy Committee of NCACTE has drafted seven priorities to guide our work as we advocate for Teacher Education in North Carolina:
1. Include Educator Preparation Programs (EPPs) in the review and development of policies
and legislation relative to educator preparation.
2. Require all teachers in North Carolina classrooms to have completed an
accredited professional preparation program.
3. Hold all preparation pathways to high standards, program reviews, and transparency
4. Require all candidates who complete these programs and pathways to meet equally high
5. Create accountability systems for EPPs that provide actionable and reasonable metrics to
support continuous improvement of preparation programs.
6. Establish and sustain mutually beneficial and collaborative relationships with local education
authorities (LEAs) in preparing future educators for NC classrooms.
7. Ensure that the voices of independent colleges and state universities are equally considered
The Advocacy Committee is seeking input from the membership regarding these priorities. Please click on the button below to submit your feedback.
To receive updates about our advocacy efforts, please join our mailing list!
North Carolina Association for Colleges and Teacher Educators
Work with members across your state to make a difference.